Sharing a notebook stack

• 2 years later...

Is this ability going to be available at any point in the future?  This was over two years ago someone was asking about this. I've had premium for literally 1 day and I'm already trying to do this. I'm just wondering why this isn't possible at this point. It seems like a no brainer and something that I really need to be able to do. :/

• Level 5*
On 12/04/2017 at 10:56 PM, cookeky said:

Is this ability going to be available at any point in the future?  This was over two years ago someone was asking about this. I've had premium for literally 1 day and I'm already trying to do this. I'm just wondering why this isn't possible at this point. It seems like a no brainer and something that I really need to be able to do. :/

Nope - still not possible,  and Evernote never give any hints about what's in the pipeline other than their various Beta threads which show what's about to come out.  This isn't in there.  It may be a technical issue,  or just not that high on their priority list - there are thousands of "suggestions" out there (some tend to be phrased more like demands) for better editing tools,  different syncing options,  encryption...  it's a long list.

The work-around is fairly easy - either share the individual notebooks and tell the users what stack to put them in,  or do away with the stack altogether and just tag all the notes in all the notebooks with the stack name and their notebook name.  One or two quick saved searches by your users and "tag:<stackname>" or "tag:<notebookname>" allows them to find all the notes in one hit.

Table of Contents notes can also be useful when you're sharing.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Three years later, and this functionality is still not available.

Does anyone know a better app that will support sharing of collections (or "stacks", in Evernote-speak) of documents / clippings / PDFs with team members?

The ability to share 'collections' is super critical, as we need to be reviewing the same sets of documents.

Thanks,

• Level 5*

? I think this counts as four years later,  and I don't see the issue.  Evernote can share notebooks or individual notes.  A 'Stack' is a collection of notebooks - I use them for high-level splits like 'work' vs 'personal' collections.  If you need to share a collection of notes,  use a notebook.  If you need to share a lot of collections,  share more than one notebook...  (Or use Evernote Business and share a Space)

Tips for organizing notes, notebooks, and tags

Share multiple notes and notebooks using spaces