How to merge 2 different email accounts on iPad and Mac into one

I just discovered why I couldn't see the Evernote Notes from my iPad on my Mac and the opposite. I just saw that I have a different email account for each of my Evernote on the iPad and on my Mac, therefore 2 different sets of Notes.

Help!! Is there an easy way to merge both accounts into one and have all contents transferred over without losing anything?

I would love a video that shows how to do this if possible.

Thanks!!

• Level 5*

Assume that you want to move notes from the account on your iPad into the account on your Mac:

* Share any notebooks you have on your iPad with your Mac account, as writable

Once you can see the iPad notebooks on your Mac, for each shared iPad Notebook:

* make an identically or similarly named Mac notebook.

* copy the notes from the iPad notebook into the Mac notebook. You will probably lose note links in the process; c'est la guerre. Note: you could just move the notes from the iPad notebook to the Mac notebook, but copying just seems safer.

Once you've verified that all of the notes are moved correctly, and your Mac account has synced, then you can go ahead and log out of your old iPad account, and log into the Mac account on your iPad. Then you can set about to delete the iPad account, for which I think you'll need to go through customer support.

• Level 5*

I just discovered why I couldn't see the Evernote Notes from my iPad on my Mac and the opposite. I just saw that I have a different email account for each of my Evernote on the iPad and on my Mac, therefore 2 different sets of Notes.

Help!! Is there an easy way to merge both accounts into one and have all contents transferred over without losing anything?

I would love a video that shows how to do this if possible.

Thanks!!

@SMcRae:  You will probably find it easiest to do all of this in you EN Mac app.

Here's a rough outline:

1. ADD another Account to EN Mac -- the account you use on your iPad
  2. Login to the EN account that you want to move the Notes FROM.  I'll call this the "From Acct"
    1. The other account will become your PRIMARY account, which you want to keep.
    2. This "From Acct" can eventually be deactivated.
  3. Rename each NB in your "From Acct" to "From_" & the original name.
    1. So if you had a NB named "Projects", you would rename it to "From_Projects"
    2. This will help you keep the NBs clearly identified when viewing NBs from both accounts.
    3. Be sure to do a manual SYNC before proceeding.
  4. Share ALL Notebooks in your "From Acct" to the account you want to keep, your PRIMARY account.  I'll call this the "To Acct"
    1. In the NB view, just mouse over each NB and you should see a share icon next to the Gear icon
    2. Click on the Share icon, and enter the email address used to login to your "To Acct".
  5. Goto the email account for your "To Acct"
    1. Accept all of the Work Chat / Sharing invitations
  6. EN Mac -- SWITCH to your "To Acct"
    1. You should now see all of the NBs you shared from your "From Acct"
    2. Create new NBs as needed
    3. For each shared NB (that starts with "From_")
      1. Select the NB in the NB dropdown list at the Top of your Note List
      2. Select all Notes in the NB
      3. Right-click on any one of the selected Notes, and choose "Copy to Notebook"
      4. Select a NB in your "To Acct"
    4. Verify you have copied all Notes to the "To Acct"
      1. Switch Note list view to the Top View
      2. Make sure you display Notebook and Title columns
      3. Click on the Title column name to sort by Title
      4. You should now see two Notes with the same Title but different NBs
  7. EN iPad -- change the account to your "To Acct" & sync
    1. Verify you see all of your notes.

When you are satisfied that you have copies all Notes, you can unjoin the NBs shared from the "From Acct".  I would keep the "From Acct" for a month or so just in case you missed a Note.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived