My 3 UX Gripes of Evernote

MikeASU09

Idea

Web related:

#1: Repeatedly having to click a link as a frequent user creates frustration. New users will sign up, they don't need it to be the front-and-center call to action of the page to do so.  

SZoi5SR.png

#2: Landing page after log in should be the "Notes" page, not prompting you to create a new note. Notes, by their nature, are referred to more so than they are created. 

Mobile:

#3: Clicking anywhere, as opposed to the icon in the lower right corner, should initiate editing a note. IDEALLY: wherever a user clicks within the note is where a cursor should automatically land, instantly opening editing mode in the spot clicked.

JW73EA6.png

I love Evernote, and correcting these 3 issues would make me love it even more!  

Please feel free to add an UX-related issues to this thread. If these have been mentioned before, I apologize in advance - mods, edit accordingly.

2 replies to this idea

Hello,

I know this is an old issue, but I came to this forum to give the exact same feedback regarding Item #1. Whenever I go to evernote.com, I experience irritation at not being able to log in immediately, and having to first click a (small) Log In button. I would advise that rewarding your users with a convenience when they return to your website would be a good way to implicitly communicate that you value your users and welcome return visits. As suggested above, providing a very visible and accessible way for new users to sign up is still feasible while providing this convenience for returning users.

Archived