Cannot open EN; runtime error?

Kwitel

Im a little concerned here-

Tried to open my desktop app today and I keep getting the following message:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team (which I have already done)

If I use the web client, I cannot seem to open one particular Note...whcih happens to be the most important note I have...a list of "to dos" for my work/business.

I guess I just have to wait for support to get back to me but any advice in the interim?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've raised a support request via the website it might take a few days for a live person to get back to you.  If you're a premium user you might want to try the Chat option as soon as you have a ticket number to get some quicker response.  (Weekdays,  PST).

Short term it's possible your app (but not the database) has become corrupted.  Best immediate advice is:  

• Open your Activity Log and save the content.  (Evernote > Help > Activity Log)
  • File > Exit Evernote
  • backup the EXB file (the database)
  • uninstall / restart / reinstall as Administrator
  • retry Evernote.

Hi.  If you've raised a support request via the website it might take a few days for a live person to get back to you.  If you're a premium user you might want to try the Chat option as soon as you have a ticket number to get some quicker response.  (Weekdays,  PST).

Short term it's possible your app (but not the database) has become corrupted.  Best immediate advice is:  

• Open your Activity Log and save the content.  (Evernote > Help > Activity Log)
  • File > Exit Evernote
  • backup the EXB file (the database)
  • uninstall / restart / reinstall as Administrator
  • retry Evernote.

Thanks for your reply.

It wont let me get into the desktop app.

Can I get to the Activity Log through the web app?

• Level 5*

Do you have a ticket number?  That should follow a successful report within a few minutes.  If you're a premium user you can then follow that up (weekdays,  PST) with a Chat session.  Otherwise it may take several days before you get a live response.  If you're not a premium subscriber,  this might be helpful - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/

Do you have a ticket number?  That should follow a successful report within a few minutes.  If you're a premium user you can then follow that up (weekdays,  PST) with a Chat session.  Otherwise it may take several days before you get a live response.  If you're not a premium subscriber,  this might be helpful - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/

I do have a ticket number.

Its now been 6 days and still no response...

Im thinking about upgrading to Premium just to get an answer.

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by gazumped, March 8, 2015 - Repeats and reposts the OP's question and my answer without a comment...
Hidden by gazumped, March 8, 2015 - Repeats and reposts the OP's question and my answer without a comment...

Archived