How do I update my account email address?

Amyjoy76

Please help.  I have an exsisting evernote account I have used for over four years and would like to keep it.  Just got a new phone and the email that I used to set up evernote four years ago is not in exsistence any more.  I thought I had set up evernote with a different email so I requested a new password but that didn't work because it went to a miscanelous world of no emails.  When I log into my exsisting account on all my other devices, iPad, mac and old phone it does not give me the account settings options.  It just tells me my user name and asks for me to upgrade.  So in order to get anywhere I had to create another account.  Please let me know how I can get into my other account on my new phone or at least change the email on my old evernote account.  All your helps talk about the account settings option that I do not get, is that because it is a free account? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you still know the user information (including any old email addresses) that you need to log into your original account?  If so,  log out of the account you currently have on the phone,  and log in again using the old user information.  It doesn't matter if that address is no longer valid,  you can still use it to log in.  While your phone is syncing,  go to Evernote.com via your desktop browser and log in with the same details.  Click Settings - a cog wheel on bottom left (or top right - long story) - and look at your personal details.  Update your email address to something current there.

• 1 year later...

I am not sure why you want to show my comments. They are not favorable.  I have been asked by another colleague to use Evernote and I have found it unresponsive, it is not recognizing my account - user name to get into my account.  I simply put in my email address (which must be right) as it worked to update my password.  But when I attempted to log in it is not recognizing my user name and password.  I really don't see the ease in using this format but I am trying to be respectful of my colleagues.  Can you help.  It also would be nice to simply get an answer or have a number to dial to address this very simple problem.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a user-supported forum,  so I'm afraid we have no clue where or why you were asked for comment.  Do you already have an Evernote account?  If so,  there's a lost password process you can access from the sign-in screen at Evernote.com 

If you don't already have an account it's possible to sign up from there too.

ScreenClip.jpg

• 1 year later...

My issue is that when I originally signed up for Evernote, it was under a gmail account email which I no longer use. I can't remember that password for my gmail account and therefore cannot sign in to change to my current email address. Any thoughts?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ian Caird said:

What does "content needs to be approved by a moderator" mean?

Hi.  That everyone's initial posts get vetted by a human to avoid spammers. 

Archived