Can't save a new note

aashish108

I add a new note and save it but it doesn't appear. I have tried the old version of evernote web also and same issue. I am on Chrome using Xubuntu. Any solutions? I also tried Firefox.

Hi aashish108, 

When you say it doesn't appear, do you mean after you hit "Done" it doesn't show up in your notebook?  Can you verify that clicking on the "Notes" icon or "Notebook" icon yields no notes? If you do a search for the note, are there also no results? 

I am seeing similar issues with the Web version. Any new notes I create in the web version are being saved but do not show up in either the notebook view or the "all notes" view. If I check my Android phone, the note is there and in the correct notebook minutes after I save it. The web version just doesn't show it. This problem has been flakey in the last 2 weeks but now it is getting serious. This used to work just fine. This problem makes the web version useless. I depend on it for work. I can't trust I am seeing all the latest versions of notes. I've tried it on 3 different computers with 3 different browsers all with the same result. Right now, I am not seeing a note I created yesterday. But it shows up on my phone and on my Mac client at home. Clearly, the web version is not syncing up correctly or something. I've ruled out the computers I use and the different browsers I use. The problem happens on all of them.

Please fix this real soon. It has been bad for 2 days and still not fixed. It may be necessary to go back a few versions of the beta if this is going to be tough to fix.

Thanks.

I am seeing similar issues with the Web version. Any new notes I create in the web version are being saved but do not show up in either the notebook view or the "all notes" view. If I check my Android phone, the note is there and in the correct notebook minutes after I save it. The web version just doesn't show it. This problem has been flakey in the last 2 weeks but now it is getting serious. This used to work just fine. This problem makes the web version useless. I depend on it for work. I can't trust I am seeing all the latest versions of notes. I've tried it on 3 different computers with 3 different browsers all with the same result. Right now, I am not seeing a note I created yesterday. But it shows up on my phone and on my Mac client at home. Clearly, the web version is not syncing up correctly or something. I've ruled out the computers I use and the different browsers I use. The problem happens on all of them.

Please fix this real soon. It has been bad for 2 days and still not fixed. It may be necessary to go back a few versions of the beta if this is going to be tough to fix.

Thanks.

Hi ralphw3, 

Just to make sure, can you confirm how your notes are being sorted? We've had some users report an issue with notes not showing up but it turns out that the sort order of the notes is not in "Update order".  Can you confirm that the sort order is as expected and that doing a search doesn't find the note? Any info you can help provide will help us get a better understanding of how to fix this issue since we are unable to reproduce it on our side. 

Nancy 

Archived