Share to a Facebook group

I love that I can share an Evernote group to Facebook that includes the links for my followers to signup for an Evernote account, but I would like to have the same functionality to share notes to a group. 

I frequently will create a note containing an event and share it to one of the groups I manage, then remove once the event is over.

- Stephen

• Level 5*

? Evernote doesn't have groups,  so I'm not sure I follow your process - can you explain in more detail please?  Maybe give us a screen shot of an example shared 'group'?  You can share notebooks,  containing several notes,  or you can share individual notes.  If you share several notes individually,  you can send out one URL so your group can find the main note easily,  and include other URLs in that note so that your users can navigate between them.  Change the URLs and you change their access to your little network of notes.

Not evernote groups, Facebook Groups. When I try to share an Evernote note to Facebook using the share to Facebook option I can only share it to my personal page which makes the post with links to try Evernote. I want to be able to share these notes to a facebook group with the same type of links instead of having to grab and post the note URL.

• Level 5*

I'm pretty certain what you're requesting isn't available yet - but staffers do read these pages,  so consider the suggestion made...  meantime you might want to have a look at http://postach.io/  - it's a way of publishing a note as a blog post,  so you could maybe publish your group information and link to it from Facebook...

• 3 months later...

I'm just investigating using IFTTT to do this job but I need to unlink my current Facebook account and connect another. Unlinking Facebook is my issue. I'll post this problem somewhere else.

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

Not sure what's possible within Facebook once the post is there,  but I agree the Evernote side of things just asks for a login to my personal page.  Seems to me this is an opportunity for any independent developers out there - surely there's a market for an add-in app to post to social media?

Edit:  have you looked at IFTTT,  Zapier and others for assistance?

Archived