error code 2894

Zanystarr

• Level 5*

Hi.  Is this error message from Evernote of WIndows?  Can't find any hits in Google either way - a screen grab of the error window might help.  I'd suggest quitting any applications you have running and rebooting your laptop,  then open a browser and try to download the installation file from Evernote.com.  Make sure your internet connection is good and that there are no other downloads or streaming taking up your bandwidth..

• Level 5*

I saw that one - didn't mention it because it looked like one of those wonderful deals where once downloaded and installed you may find out that a 'small' payment is required before any fix can be applied.  Also I'm not sure I want untested third-party software messing with my Windows system files.  If anyone's used this and can endorse it,  then fine..

Applying a System Restore would be a good idea if the OP is still having problems (and if there's one available);  if there is a corrupted file somewhere,  there's also the system file checker,  but that takes a long time and requires backup files..

I suggest a restart might sort out any problems,  at least temporarily!

Yea, I should have been more clear.  I was not suggesting using the Third Party tool to fix the issue.  Rather, suggesting there may be a problem with the system files.

I agree a restart as well, but they may find they need to do some system repairs.

It has been many years since I have worked on a Windows machine.  So, I am not able to advise.  However, in the little reading I did on the web, it seems you may have some minor issues with your 'system files'.  I don't think Evernote has anything to do with this error.  However, back to my disclaimer in the first part of this paragraph!

I would follow any suggestions gazumped has to offer.  He suggested above to do a System Restore.  I don't see where that would hurt, as it restores your system back to the latest good version of your system (if it has not been corrupted for a long time).

• Level 5*

Hi again.  

Depending on whether you have Windows 7 or 8.x the method is slightly different - and you may not be able to use this process;  your computer has to be set up to create restore points in the first place.  The idea is that it saves the internal state of the computer from a previous time that it was used successfully - usually a few days or weeks ago - so you can wind the clock back to that situation if a more recent change prevents the system from working properly.  If you open the restore window and don't see any dates - those earlier states haven't been saved,  and the feature isn't available to you.

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

Windows 7 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/system-restore

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

Windows 8.x  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time - 
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then clickSearch.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, then tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, then follow the instructions.

- as a general tip,  bluffing your way as a computer expert is easy with a good search engine.  I got these two from Google,  searching "windows XX system restore" - without the quotes and with '7' and '8' instead of 'XX'.  

Archived