Local notebooks are lost after upgrade to latest version of Evernote

Diana Chrisclle

Idea

Details are as follows:
Mac OS X version 10.9.5

current or upgraded version of Evernote: 10.6.0 (451119 Direct)

I got a window pop-up that asks me if I want to update to the latest version of Evernote. I clicked Yes and it started updating. After an update, I find all my sync'd to cloud Notebooks BUT could not find all my local notebooks (not sync'd to cloud). A quick search in Finder tells me that all my local notebook contents are in: ~/<user>/Library/Caches/Metadata/com.evernote.Evernote. Title of notebook files are p<numeric number>.evernote. Example: p156.evernote. I opened the .evernote file in TextEdit and I can see all my notes there in xml format. I want it shown in my Evernote app and in the right format as before.

How do I point my Evernote app to find my local notebooks?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I was just working with another user with the same problem in this thread.

This is a very complex issue that I have not seen before, so, as I advised the other user:

1. First, backup the folder(s) where you found your lost local Notes.
  2. Get Evernote Support, even if it means upgrading to Premium account ($5) for a month

I'm not sure the usual recovery processes will help, and they might even destroy your data or make it harder to recover.

So, this is definitely a case for Evernote to work directly with you and your specific circumstances.

I would suggest that you start with Chat Support, as this should be the fastest way of getting support.  But it does require a Premium account.

See Evernote Chat Support., available 9am-4pm US PST. (Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

How do I point my Evernote app to find my local notebooks?

Archived