Solution to revert to previous version

Hockeydave

Hey, 

Tks very much for your tipp.

It worked on iPAD as well.

The only problem is, that if you made some modifications with the new version, the notebooks wont be synced back on the old version.

...but its better than keep working with the ***** new version...

Cheers,

I am removing Penultimate an Evernote from my iPad and installing Notability. Since loosing my voice to cancer Penultimate has been my mission critical go to app for communicating with people these last 2 1/2 years. Not being able to mirror to TV without getting a bunch of marks at the bottom of the page and not being able to clear a page were the final straws. Penultimate used to be the greatest app ever-but now just absolutely useless. Really disappointed in the Evernote people- what were they thinking?

I did it.  It worked.  You have to follow the steps exactly.  HOWEVER, make certain you have turned off the "automatically install new apps" and turn off "automatically install app updates" in your settings.  Otherwise, you will have the same damn problem to deal with again.

Did this last night and it worked perfectly! I'm back to running the previous penultimate. Just make sure you don't sync your device before following these instructions. Otherwise you'll need to find the previous version file out on the Internet. There is also a YouTube video on how to revert back to the previous version of an app.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543

Any ideas on where I can find that older version of the app? My previous syncs and previous versions have litterally disappeared.  Your help would be appreciated.

Did this last night and it worked perfectly! I'm back to running the previous penultimate. Just make sure you don't sync your device before following these instructions. Otherwise you'll need to find the previous version file out on the Internet. There is also a YouTube video on how to revert back to the previous version of an app.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543

Any ideas on where I can find that older version of the app? My previous syncs and previous versions have litterally disappeared.  Your help would be appreciated.

at every update on itunes, they go to the recycle bin. If you cleaned your recycle bin after that... i am afraid it wont work anymore. Maybe if you copy the file from someonelse....but I am only wild gessing here. I am unfortunately no expert on the matter. Good luck. (in case you do find someone elses file, and it works, it would be great to have a feedback on the forum)

Archived