disable auto-highlighter?

stereophonic

Idea

can someone please tell me how to turn off the auto highlight feature? The new version for Mac auto highlights source text ( w/ yellow highlighter) when I copy / paste.  (command C/V)  The source turns yellow as does the pasted destination.  This started with the latest update. 

thanks! 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

ugh.... I, like most everyone with a computer, copy and paste all the time.    How did this new "feature" pass scrutiny?  

Evernote QA/QC is severely lacking, as evidenced by then number of obvious bugs that get released.

• Level 5

ugh.... I, like most everyone with a computer, copy and paste all the time.    How did this new "feature" pass scrutiny?  

Cmd-C and Cmd-V work fine even with this feature in place. It only highlights if you hold down the command key before you make your selection.

That is what I am doing.  I drag the mouse to select the text needed, and then command C.  At that point the text is automatically highlight and copied.  It also auto-highlights if I select the text and then command-b for bold.  It turns bold, and highlights in yellow.   It never behaved this way before the update.  I'm a very experienced user of both mac and pc. 

As a workaround while you’re waiting for the feature to be removed, please try releasing the mouse button before you press the command key.

Thanks.  I'm already doing that.  I mistyped in my previous message.  I'm not using a mouse, I'm using a touch pad on a macbook pro.    

Archived