Chromebook exporting:

Hello, I currently run Evernote on my Chromebook and my Android phone. I've been trying to find a way to either export a note directly to Dropbox, or to download it so that I can upload it to Dropbox. It's my understanding that this can be accomplished on a Windows or Mac. Has anyone found a way to download from a Chromebook? When I try (regardless of what format I save the note in), it always says the downloaded file is corrupted. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thank you! 

• Level 5*

Are you trying to download the text/ picture content of a note you created in Evernote,  the clipped content of a web page,  or a file from a word-processor,  audio recorder or spreadsheet that was attached to a note? 

It's not possible to 'save' a note outside Evernote - they're formatted in a way specific to Evernote and can't be read by (almost) anything else.  There's no documentation that I've seen that discusses sending a note to Dropbox - and why would you want to?  Notes are saved to the server,  and to a database on any desktop device with the app installed.  If you want to send the content to someone else,  have a look at Sharing.

• Level 5*

When I try (regardless of what format I save the note in), it always says the downloaded file is corrupted. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thank you! 

What steps are you taking when you try to save the note in a different format?

Are you trying to download the text/ picture content of a note you created in Evernote,  the clipped content of a web page,  or a file from a word-processor,  audio recorder or spreadsheet that was attached to a note? 

It's not possible to 'save' a note outside Evernote - they're formatted in a way specific to Evernote and can't be read by (almost) anything else.  There's no documentation that I've seen that discusses sending a note to Dropbox - and why would you want to?  Notes are saved to the server,  and to a database on any desktop device with the app installed.  If you want to send the content to someone else,  have a look at Sharing.

I'm trying to download the text of a note that I wrote in Evernote. I have a shared Dropbox folder with a collaborator on a research project, and all of our notes have to be in that Dropbox folder.

When I try (regardless of what format I save the note in), it always says the downloaded file is corrupted. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thank you! 

What steps are you taking when you try to save the note in a different format?

FIle -> Share -> Save as

From there it lets me change the format before downloading on my Chromebook, however it never works.

• Level 5*

Seems to want to share a link to the note when I try that, as in "www.evernote.com/shard/s5/sh/..." (the exact link is redacted). The link came through fine in GMail, and saved in a text file using DropBox. You then need to load the note in a web browser. I don't know how to make it save as a .ENEX file as you would be able to do on Windows or Mac. Or HTML, for that matter. But you could load the note into your web browser and then copy/pasting it somehow? 

I think we've gone about my level of expertise here...

• Level 5*

If you're sharing notes with a collaborator I can think of several other ways to achieve that,  starting with the most obvious:  put the notes into a specific notebook and share that notebook with your collaborator.  The content would be in the cloud rather than on Dropbox,  but if s/he 'joins' the shared notebook,  s/he'll be able to see the note once your device syncs it up.

Other options would be...

• export the note to an ENEX file and save that to Dropbox.  Your collaborator picks up the file and Imports the note to their own Evernote account.
  • export to html > Dropbox > collab views in a browser
  • print the note to a PDF file > Dropbox > collab views in PDF reader
  • set up a Postach.io blog and publish the notes

Archived