Log out option for new UI

Encognitus

Idea

The new UI is lacking an option to log out. To do so currently you need to go to settings which takes you back to the old interface where the log out option is available. It would be nice to access this without having to go to settings.

10 replies to this idea

I can only second this. I am sharing a PC with my wife and we have two separate accounts. Although she primarily uses her account with her mobile devices, occasionally she needs to access it through the web interface. The current situation is a hack, because the only reason you can logout through settings is because it still uses the old interface.

Don't get me wrong, the new interface is a charm, it just lacks this one fundamental feature.

I am also finding the lack of an obvious 'Log Out' option in the new interface to be very very annoying! Especially for using a shared computer. How could such a fundamental UI feature be omitted, whether deliberate or by mistake? 

Before it was two clicks to log out which was bad enough but now it's three clicks + new window. Not a good experience at all.

I have to agree - not having a logout button is a ridiculous oversight!  The whole interface is a bit ***** in my opinion. Not intuitive at all!  Clicking/hovering on the menu button give you a bunch of options, but what are they??!  Where are the ToolTips for them?? Absent in the Chrome browser, that's for sure!

You really need to rethink this interface!

Hello everyone,

With last night's release, we added a new account menu that will make it easier to log out.  Previously, you could only log out by navigating to settings.  Moving forward you can do so from the Beta itself by: 

• Clicking the account icon at the bottom left of the navigation bar
  • Selecting Log Out

Hope this helps. 

- Nancy 

Hello, this is not in line with widespread web UI design patterns that users expect. The account icon that opens the menu with the logout button should be located in the top-right corner of the page and, in the absense of a user photo, should contain a human silhouette instead of the letter "A".

This is really counter intuitive and I was unable to find it until I've Googled and found this forum post.

@ Olo: Yes, this! ^  I also was unable to log out of my notebook on a public system until I googled and found this thread.  I appreciate that you're trying to clean up the UI, but please, an obvious "Log Out" button in the top right corner is absolutely necessary.  Why, even this forum adheres to this fundamental design pattern.  This is what users all over the web expect to see, and making it otherwise just confuses things and is in fact an obstacle to productivity.

Archived