Constant reinstall when opening

Hi, all

I'm sure I can't be the only one to experience this issue, so I thought I'd post it and what seems to be a fix. I'm running Evernote on my Win7 pc and for quite some time it would reinstall every time I opened it up after closing. Haven't had any issues like this on my Kindle or phone, though.

As I opened it up today, the same thing happened but it got me thinking about what might be interfering with an installation. I'm running Norton Antivirus protection and know it can be pretty aggressive at times. So, I decided to log out of Evernote on my desktop, then suspend all my Norton protection. I then opened Evernote back up, went to Help and Check for Updates. It downloaded and installed the current version 5.6.4 without any issues. Turned Norton back on, closed out Evernote and when I opened it up again didn't have any issues.

Hopefully this may help someone else experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Scott

• Level 5*

Hi - thanks for the suggestion.  I know I had a period like that a while back when Evernote went through the 'configuring...' stage each time I started up.  After a while,  and maybe an update,  it stopped doing that.  I think the main lesson is - don't worry if this happens!

• 3 years later...
On 8/30/2014 at 6:45 AM, Musicscott said:

Hi, all

I'm sure I can't be the only one to experience this issue, so I thought I'd post it and what seems to be a fix. I'm running Evernote on my Win7 pc and for quite some time it would reinstall every time I opened it up after closing. Haven't had any issues like this on my Kindle or phone, though.

As I opened it up today, the same thing happened but it got me thinking about what might be interfering with an installation. I'm running Norton Antivirus protection and know it can be pretty aggressive at times. So, I decided to log out of Evernote on my desktop, then suspend all my Norton protection. I then opened Evernote back up, went to Help and Check for Updates. It downloaded and installed the current version 5.6.4 without any issues. Turned Norton back on, closed out Evernote and when I opened it up again didn't have any issues.

Hopefully this may help someone else experiencing this issue.

Cheers,

Scott

Yes It works Thannks

Archived