Evernote changes my text to another language

When I highlight text and accept spelling suggestions, Evernote will change the entire line of text to another language that I can't read.  I have english set under tools/options/languages.  I don't recognize the language (Russian?  Roman? Greek?).  This is just one example, when I am editing bullets, in particular, Evernote will also randomly change the text for the entire line.  This happens all of the time and is making me think I need to go back to using MS One Note.  I've attached a screen shot (.jpg) of the problem. In the example, I highlighted a word that was spelled incorrectly (right click) and selected the appropriate spelling from the dropdown menu at which point Evernote changed the entire bullet I was editing to another language EXCEPT for the word I was trying to correct the spelling for.  In attached example "datapoints was the word that I highlighted (right mouse click) and then selected "data point" from the menu of spelling alternatives.  You can see what I had before and what I got after.

post-219201-0-01491900-1409332246_thumb.

• Ex Employees

Please create a support ticket at www.evernote.com/support and message back your ticket #. Including your current country, OS, and a copy of your Activity Log in the support ticket will be very helpful. 

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. German every time, even when I go to the bottom of the page, and select english.

Next request, back to German.

I don't know how to "Please create a support ticket at www.evernote.com/support and message back your ticket #. Including your current country, OS, and a copy of your Activity Log in the support ticket will be very helpful," and don't have the time right now to teach myself how to do that.

I'm in Massachusetts, USA, just upgraded to Yosemite, and have decided to stick with E'note until it becomes too difficult. So far not happening. The synch feature is the main reason.

MR3

username "manrice"

Archived