bwva

Advanced search dialogue

Idea

Just a feature request for a real Advanced Search button that takes you to a dialogue full of fields. I just find it a huge pain every time I want to find a note, say from a particular date, that I have to look up the correct search operators/date syntax and every time I try and guess it I get it wrong and just waste more time. That's great for power users but seems unusually user-unfriendly and when I only have to do very specific searches occasionally I just want to be able to fill in the exact criteria from a selection of fields and hit the Search button. Date range could have a pop-up calendar so there's no confusion about day/month order.

Would be v useful for me in Android too, even in cut-down form.

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

I'd like to see this for Windows 7 as well. Also, +1 on the Android.

The Android client already has a form of this type of search, if I understand the question correctly. Tap on the magnifying glass, and then "Advanced Search"

Thanks, yes I'd forgotten it was available in Android. Odd there should be functionality here that's missing from the desktop.

Yeah, the different teams have different priorities. Actually, the Windows client used to have something akin to this, but it's vanished. I found it useful for some of the more esoteric searches that pop up every once and awhile.

Not sure how I didn't notice that before... Thanks Jefito!

I'd like to see this for Windows 7 as well. Also, +1 on the Android.

The Android client already has a form of this type of search, if I understand the question correctly. Tap on the magnifying glass, and then "Advanced Search"