Suggestion: camera notes in iOS

I scan documents with the ipad camera a lot. I find it quite awkward with the ipad level and focussed to then press the shutter button without disturbing the position (and focus). How about activating the microphone while doing this, so the photograph can be taken just by saying 'take'. Doesn't need to be sophisticated - anything significantly louder than background noise would do.

Also, I'm almost always doing documents. Could there be an option to set that (or any of the other photo types) as the default.

• Level 5*

I scan documents with the ipad camera a lot. I find it quite awkward with the ipad level and focussed to then press the shutter button without disturbing the position (and focus). How about activating the microphone while doing this, so the photograph can be taken just by saying 'take'. Doesn't need to be sophisticated - anything significantly louder than background noise would do.

Also, I'm almost always doing documents. Could there be an option to set that (or any of the other photo types) as the default.

The most common solution to avoid "camera shake" is to have a delay in shutter activation.  Lot's of iOS camera apps offer this feature.

If you are scanning lots of documents with your iPad, you may want to explore other apps that work better for this.  Then you can send to Evernote.  A number of iOS scanner apps offer integration with Evernote.

Archived