Wrist Guard

Thomas Mahoney

Penultimate already has "wrist rejection" built in to avoid interpreting your wrist as actual input. It works reasonably well if you are using the Adonit Jot Script stylus. This can be enabled in the Penultimate app settings. 

What kind of wrist guard are you speaking of?

• 2 weeks later...

That's the point.  I was using Upad which operates the same as the apps that you suggested.  Essentially pushing the "note" into Evernote as either a .jpg or .pdf.  Once it's in that format, I can bring it back into the original app, however all I can do is annotate over top of the original.  I can't erase/redraw/etc...

With the Penultimate app, it sync's in it's own format allowing me to open it just like it never left my iPad.  It's still viewable via Evernote on all my other devices just like it was a .pdf but it's entirely edittable.  

My fear is that Evernote (which owns Penultimate) isn't spending any resources on the app thinking it's adequate and of course their pushing their new Jot stylus which uses bluetooth to provide the wrist rejection feature.  Good idea, but $75 for a stylus I'll probably lose is not much to my liking.

Archived