(Archived) sharing notes

i have shared a note and notebook with someone and i realized that "related notes" show up for them to see. how do you detach these so called related notes? candidly, i don't understand how these old notes got attached or are considered related. appreciate some feedback

i have shared a note and notebook with someone and i realized that "related notes" show up for them to see. how do you detach these so called related notes? candidly, i don't understand how these old notes got attached or are considered related. appreciate some feedback

What do you mean by related notes? 

I typed a note yesterday. When I open the note book with the note I typed yesterday there is a horizontal line and it says related notes. Those related notes represent three other notes in other notebooks that some how can be seen by the person I shared the notebook with. All I wanted them to see is yesterday's notes. Not the three others that are called "related notes".

Also if I open Evernote on my iPhone and go to the note ic typed yesterday at the bottom it has the three related notes. You can actually switch between Related ad Recent. I don't get it. What are these other notes attached to the note from yesterday. Why are they viewed by others, how so u keep them separate. They were typed in other notebooks

• Level 5*

"Related notes" is a feature that may only appear on your computer.  Evernote is reminding you that there are other notes which appear to be connected with the same person or subject that this note references.  Those notes can be from anywhere in your account.  Unless you explicitly shared those notebooks/ notes with someone else,  they will not have access to see or edit them,  therefore they 'should' not see the same view.  You might want to check for your own satisfaction by asking the other person to show you their view of your note,  or sharing it with yourself at a different email address to get a 'shared with' view.

Archived