(Archived) Lost notes when switched to premium

I just switched my account from Free to Premium and I seem to have lost my notes. Two of my three devices switched and lost the notes. The third one did not synch yet and has the notes still. Can anybody explain what I did wrong and how I can get my old notes accessible via my premium account?

I just switched my account from Free to Premium and I seem to have lost my notes. Two of my three devices switched and lost the notes. The third one did not synch yet and has the notes still. Can anybody explain what I did wrong and how I can get my old notes accessible via my premium account?

I've never heard of this situation before. So it sounds like you may have multiple EN accounts & upgraded the wrong one. Please read this post:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35574-notes-missing-after-password-reset/?p=192773

If that's the case, you should submit a support ticket to switch which account is premium.

Otherwise, you can email the notes from the one device directly to your Evernote account, if you don't have a gazillion notes. (Direct to Evernote email address is found by logging into the web client & going to settings). Or you can submit a support ticket - see my sig.

Thank you much for your reactions. I have tried to follow your suggestions but was as yet not successful in correcting the problem. I however did find something which might be close to the root cause. It appears that my Evernote email address as it is still on my phone (and part of the free account) is different from the Evernote email address of my premium account. I do not understand why or how this happened. I created both accounts with the same email address and pass word.

I did manage to share my notes from my free account with my premium account but they appear there uneditable (as to be expected, this was the reason I switched to premium). So I have a back up which I could manually copy into new notes.

Thank you much for your reactions. I have tried to follow your suggestions but was as yet not successful in correcting the problem. I however did find something which might be close to the root cause. It appears that my Evernote email address as it is still on my phone (and part of the free account) is different from the Evernote email address of my premium account. I do not understand why or how this happened. I created both accounts with the same email address and pass word.

I did manage to share my notes from my free account with my premium account but they appear there uneditable (as to be expected, this was the reason I switched to premium). So I have a back up which I could manually copy into new notes.

Like I said, it appears you have multiple Evernote accounts. (Different email addresses & different notes). As Heather states in the post I linked to, if the suggestions she offered don't work, submit a support ticket. (see my sig.)

Archived