Save web page as pdf in addition to the normal note?

AndrewT

Hi everyone! I'm new here. 

I like how Evernote stores web pages as editable notes.

However there are times when I need to have the web page stored as a pdf. 

This is for instance when I need to highlight and annotate/comment on the content, rather than editing content. Also, I require the highlighting and commenting to be in pdf format, not in a the snapshot style. 

So the question here is can Evernote save a webpage as a pdf directly into Evernote? Is this doable currently and if not can this be added as a feature? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm new here. 

I like how Evernote stores web pages as editable notes.

However there are times when I need to have the web page stored as a pdf. 

This is for instance when I need to highlight and annotate/comment on the content, rather than editing content. Also, I require the highlighting and commenting to be in pdf format, not in a the snapshot style. 

So the question here is can Evernote save a webpage as a pdf directly into Evernote? Is this doable currently and if not can this be added as a feature? Thanks!

You don't mention which client you're using.  But you can print a web page as a PDF (Mac & Windows clients) & then put the PDF into Evernote.  Windows OS requires something like Cute PDF in order to print to PDF.  You can Google it or use the message board search function for more Windows apps that print to PDF, if you want more info.

• 9 months later...

AndrewT, great question and I ask the same.  My current flow is to use a third party provide (www.printfriendly.com) which does a nice job at reducing a webpage to text only PDF without the ads.  Going through a third party is time consuming, adds at least another 1-2 min.  It would save many Evernote users that annotate articles or other text on the web to have the capability to save directly to Evernote as PDF.

Artur

Archived