(Archived) Dumbest question on exporting notes...ever

MarkusG

"Export those notes to an ENEX file" - I've seen this a number of times but I can't find where this option is and I've really looked.  Is it for Premium only? Where do I find it using Chrome on Win8? Or in Android app?

WHERE WHERE WHERE???

Thanks!

• Level 5*

"Export those notes to an ENEX file" - I've seen this a number of times but I can't find where this option is and I've really looked.  Is it for Premium only? Where do I find it using Chrome on Win8? Or in Android app?

WHERE WHERE WHERE???

Thanks!

This is by far the dumbest question ever!

Just kidding :) It is actually kind of difficult to figure out, and that is why I wrote about it on a blog post I made about Evernote limits.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

Basically, the Web and mobile versions of Evernote are going to have far fewer capabilities. Among the missing features is export. If you want to export your notes, you need to use the native app for Windows or Mac.

:D And hope you liked my "notes...ever" comment (geddit, geddit??).

Ok, that's helpful and stopped me bashing my head against a chisel for a moment.  So in Win8 (which I know like the back of a stranger's hand) where might I find the export functionality. I've opened Evernote Touch from the Start screen - if you can take me from there that'd be helpful.

• Level 5*

Evernote Touch isn't exactly a specialty around here either - I use the desktop version in Win 8 and get on just fine.  With Touch I can only suggest you swipe the window in all directions and see what menus pop up,  or right-click if you have a mouse.  In the desktop version,  just tap File and Export.

• Level 5*

:D And hope you liked my "notes...ever" comment (geddit, geddit??).

Ok, that's helpful and stopped me bashing my head against a chisel for a moment.  So in Win8 (which I know like the back of a stranger's hand) where might I find the export functionality. I've opened Evernote Touch from the Start screen - if you can take me from there that'd be helpful.

LOL. I didn't get it until you explained. I'm not half as clever as the other folks in this forum! Windows 8 is a mystery to me (I use it every day, but don't really feel comfortable with it yet). I use the desktop version, because it has the most features.

Hey gazumped: see now, it's just those little titbits of info that enrich life's richly enriching rich tapestry. 3 different versions of Evernote i.e. Android, Touch, Browser based AND NONE OF THEM DO EXPORT!!!!!!!! COME ON EVERNOTE!!! And then someone says "This one doesn't work, try this one" and the penny drops that another version won't do what was been looked for.

Well thanks to you and GrumpyMonkey, I am now the proud owner of the desktop version WHICH HAS AN EXPORT FUNCTION RIGHT THERE IN THE FILE MENU. Marvellous.  Seriously Evernote... I've been reading how wonderful a package you are and the awesome things you can do (check out this on lifehacker (a website I should note, that I am not affiliated with in anyway. Beyond the fact I own it.  Just kidding, really, c'mon!) http://lifehacker.com/5989980/ive-been-using-evernote-all-wrong-heres-why-its-actually-amazing) and EN can't do one little thing of adding export to each version. Well, I never.

Lovely jubbly... I think we can consider this problem solved and the world a better place to sleep in because of it.

Archived