(Archived) Feature Request : Auto-Completion of Tag Names WITHOUT Tag

I recently updated to v5 of Windows version of evernote and have to save I am pleasantly pleased to find the new search by tag value name (with auto-completion) feature is in production. I find this most useful when searching for groups of items sharing common tag values. I am unable to find any way though to negate a tag value in this search but maybe I am missing something. For example I use the method to tag some groups with a "archive" tag meaning I have completed any thing requiring action on this note. But when using the search by tag feature I see no way of creating a tag search query of  "xxxxx yyyyy zzzzzz !archive". I know this can all be manually typed out in the search all notes field but this removes the benefits of the search by tag feature. :-(

• Level 5*

Yep, I don't see any way to do this easily either (not that there was an easy way to do this in the v4 series either, at least any way that I can recall). You'll need to do it the old-fashioned way, by typing in the negated tag name (or wildcard) in the search control, e.g. -tag:MyTag, or -tag:Todo*, etc.

Archived