(Archived) Web Clipper more than eratic

JonLon

Yesterday I had help on the forum after my 'Clipper stopped working. I am now in a situation where after a few ' clips ' it stops working again or disappears from the browser bar. When I download the web clipper yet  again it sometimes works or just disappears. Another problem I have encountered is once I clip something and the side bar pops out, the scrolling Topic window is frozen and I have to use the ' search ' option at the top of the window to add a Note header.

I am using Win7 and Chrome.

JohnL

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I had help on the forum after my 'Clipper stopped working. I am now in a situation where after a few ' clips ' it stops working again or disappears from the browser bar. When I download the web clipper yet  again it sometimes works or just disappears. Another problem I have encountered is once I clip something and the side bar pops out, the scrolling Topic window is frozen and I have to use the ' search ' option at the top of the window to add a Note header.

I am using Win7 and Chrome.

JohnL

I'm having the same problem. I "reload" it under Chrome's Tools/Extensions feature, but it only lasts a little while before it mysteriously crashes disappears again. I also wonder if it could be why I'm having regular Shockwave Flash plugin crashes but that's because they seem to have started happening around the same time and I don't notice those crashes happening if I leave EN Clipper disabled.

I'm a paid EN subscriber and I use Clipper a LOT. Would really like to see this get resolved sooner than later. Feel like I'm being teased with what seems to be an amazing piece of code, only to have it fail on my at least 1-2x per day.

PS: When I "reload" the clipper, it doesn't work right out of the gate. I have to wait for some amount of time (i.e., enough minutes that I give up on it). Eventually the icon produces the clipper but by then I've forgotten what I wanted it for.

Archived