Adding comments to clips with Webclipper 6.0 for Chrome

RichardF

Idea

The commenting feature of the web clipper has become harder to use in the latest update but it is easily fixed!

Specifically, my two issues with it are:

1. It's difficult to find: there's no button dedicated to it on the panel. To make a comment, you have to click on the notebook chooser or tags button (!?).
  2. It's tiny and can't be re-sized: I can only see about ten words at a time in the text box!

A "comments" quick link under the "tags" button in the File section of the panel would make the feature discoverable again. I'm sure this would help users who haven't found it yet.

I suppose the text box size issue is a bit harder, but surely making the popup fill down closer to the bottom of the screen wouldn't be too difficult!

I should add that the web clipper 6 update improved commenting for me in one way: the clipper now always inserts a blank line above the clipped content. This makes it a lot easier for me to add a comment later if I neglect to do it through the clipper itself. Previously it could be difficult with certain pages' markup to insert a new line above the clipped content, so this new behaviour is really useful to me. Thanks for that!

The commenting feature of Evernote's web clipper is important to me. I try to add comments to all my webclips: I think it's good practice to help me remember the page itself, and to remember what I learned from it. So I'm really keen to see this feature maintained!

1 reply to this idea

On my computer the comments area is at the bottom of the screen and while I can type in it, I can't really see anything but a half line of text. Further as I type the screen page scrolls down. So I think the whole slide out tag, notebook, comment tray should be moved to the top. 

Archived