(Archived) Tags in skitch

dav555

Hi,

I'm creating a new photo in skitch and editing it but when it appears in Evernote I want to tag it but Evernote tells me to use skitch to edit. I can't assign any tags in Evernote...

So I load it in skitch and click the 'I' icon at the top of the screen but it only lets me select the note book and not assign any tags...

Is there any way or workaround to get tags assigned to a skitch note?

Regards

Mark

Dav555, here's a follow up suggestion. The reason you can't add tags is because a Skitch note is handled differently than an Evernote note. I understand that it can be frustrating to switch to a desktop client just to add tags; but fortunately the newest version of Evernote iOS allows you to mark up any image in an Evernote note with Skitch. Try out the following and let me know how it works for you:

1. Instead of creating the photo in Skitch, create the photo inside an Evernote note.

skitch.png

2. Tap on the image. This will bring it up in a gallery view.

3. Tap on the perfect stamp icon at the bottom of the screen.

skitch.png

4. Select "Edit image in Skitch". What this does is allow you to markup the image in Skitch and save it right back into the same Evernote note.

skitch.png

skitch.png

Now you have a Skitched image inside an Evernote note. I personally like this use case since you've got a "richer" note now. You can add tags, text, other images, voice recordings or anything else you might want to do to an Evernote note. Let me know if this fits your use case! We're exploring ways to create a tighter integration between Evernote and Skitch so we'd love to hear about your feedback on this.

Thanks,
Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Is it not possible to snap screenshots from a desktop or laptop with Skitch and tag them from there? Or do you have to go into Evernote and do this? That seems to defeat the purpose of Evernote/Skitch together. I take and label tons of screenshots to build presentations but it's really difficult to go back in and organize them after the fact.

Thanks!

Archived