(Archived) Snapshot storage loccation

ayer

This was probably asked and answered before, but my search came up with nothing....

How can I configure mobile Evernote to store images (like snapshots) and audio notes only on SD card, rather than internal phone storage?

I am finding lots of both on my motorola's internal storage....

If you know of a discussion which already covered this topic, could someone please point me to it?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi and welcome to the forums. You've asked a slightly different question by mentioning sound clips as well as pictures, so here's the quick response.

If you use a third-party app to take pics (the device camera) or record sound,  you may have options in their settings to save pictures to "SD card".  You can change Evernote settings in the same way, and move the app to SD storage.  If you take pictures with the Evernote camera I assume (it's new) that the snaps get saved with Evernote.  The actual picture however will be part of your note database and will be synced with Evernote,  so you may be able to delete any images you find lying around in other folders.  You may want to test this though before deleting any important pictures.

No android OS that we've seen yet will store everything on the external physical SD card.  You'll get some small storage there,  but it mainly seems designed for music and video to play back via the phone.  If you find otherwise please let us know!

You can change Evernote settings in the same way, and move the app to SD storage.  If you take pictures with the Evernote camera I assume (it's new) that the snaps get saved with Evernote. 

Thanks, but how do I do that again?  I couldn't find a proper item in settings.

Thanks again,

-a

• Level 5*

Sorry - not exactly specific there,  was I?  You can move Evernote to "SD Card" in Android ~Settings ~Applications (and in various other apps)

I've moved mine but the stats for the app show there's no space taken up on the SD card,  it's all in USB Storage space - which is just the spare user space on the phone.  I've moaned elsewhere that if you have a low-memory phone,  you're seriously limited in the number of notes you could save in local storage for offline searching.

Can't see that there's any Evernote data on the external SD card either.

• 2 months later...

Sorry - not exactly specific there,  was I?  You can move Evernote to "SD Card" in Android ~Settings ~Applications (and in various other apps)

I've moved mine but the stats for the app show there's no space taken up on the SD card,  it's all in USB Storage space - which is just the spare user space on the phone.  I've moaned elsewhere that if you have a low-memory phone,  you're seriously limited in the number of notes you could save in local storage for offline searching.

AFAIK, Jelly Bean does not support the moving of apps to the SD card any longer.  This is a change from ICS.  I've read about a firmware update to Jelly Bean that will allow you to move apps from internal storage to the SD card, but I have yet to see that update for my T-Mobile Galaxy S4.

• Level 5*

AFAIK, Jelly Bean does not support the moving of apps to the SD card any longer.  This is a change from ICS.  I've read about a firmware update to Jelly Bean that will allow you to move apps from internal storage to the SD card, but I have yet to see that update for my T-Mobile Galaxy S4.

Galaxy S3 here,  same deal.  Had an email exchange with an Evernote tech a week or so ago regarding a sync issue and whined about the lack of external SD storage but he confirmed Android doesn't provide a way to do this.

If handheld devices are going to compete with 'proper' portables like netbooks and laptops they're going to have to find a way around that built-in ceiling on file sizes.

• 3 months later...

Archived