(Archived) Evernote Database on Network Drive Not Possible - Now What?

TechBarber

Here's my dilemma. I work in the healthcare system and I'm not allowed (nor do I want to) store any of my work files in the cloud. I've been using OneNote (which is supplied by my workplace) to store my notes on a network drive, but it's been causing me some grief lately what with all the crashing and all. 

I'd like to create a "local" notebook in EN for my work files but EN only lets me store my database on my C: - that's no good. 

It's no good because if my computer tanks next month it'll take my C: and all my EN with it. I'd like to store my EN database on our network drive because it's backed up every single night. 

Is there any way around this little issue, or should I just try to get OneNote running more smoothly and stick to using EN for personal stuff?

Here's my dilemma. I work in the healthcare system and I'm not allowed (nor do I want to) store any of my work files in the cloud. I've been using OneNote (which is supplied by my workplace) to store my notes on a network drive, but it's been causing me some grief lately what with all the crashing and all. 

I'd like to create a "local" notebook in EN for my work files but EN only lets me store my database on my C: - that's no good. 

It's no good because if my computer tanks next month it'll take my C: and all my EN with it. I'd like to store my EN database on our network drive because it's backed up every single night. 

Is there any way around this little issue, or should I just try to get OneNote running more smoothly and stick to using EN for personal stuff?

I assume you've see this post, since you liked it. ;-)

Actually, an even easier way (Windows) is tools/options/general tab/change. Done. No regedit required.

That still doesn't address network drives, but at least you get it off the boot drive, which is never a good place to store data files, IMO.

Archived