(Archived) Firefox automatically downloads file into Evernote?!

Nanglejen

Hello. I was downloading a bunch of notes off a website and was being prompted each time which program I wanted to use to "open" it...It gave me the choice of OTHER and then I could choose Evernote - which was REALLY helpful. I believe in my excitement there was a box that said "check this box to have this be your default". Well ever since then EVERY document I try to download or view gets put into Evernote! I had a basic membership and this forced me to buy the premium because I kept getting prompts that I was approaching my maximum monthly allowance. Does anybody know where to find the settingi to change this back to asking me each time???

In firefox, open the Options (Firefox menu -> Options -> Options). Open the "Applications" tab on top, you should then have a list of file types along with how they're handled.

In the future, if you want to download files and have them automatically go to Evernote you can use Evernote's folder monitoring. First, create a folder on your computer (I use a sub-folder of Downloads), then in Evernote open Tools -> Import folders. Click add, add your new folder there. As long as Evernote is running, it'll grab any file you put in there.

Archived