(Archived) New Interface

JMC001

Idea

7 replies to this idea

The new interface is not so bad, but a new appearance feature of main notebook view is annoying for me.

That is, the thick gray frame around the notebook which seems to run counter to today's user interface philosophy of Mac.

Recently, most application on mac has evoluted to exclude every needless decorations around the main content in which

we have interest and concentrate on giving us feelings of free from using particular program in restricted world of window.

So, please add an option for viewing notebook without the frame, or you already has such an option?

The new interface is not so bad, but a new appearance feature of main notebook view is annoying for me.

That is, the thick gray frame around the notebook which seems to run counter to today's user interface philosophy of Mac.

Recently, most application on mac has evoluted to exclude every needless decorations around the main content in which

we have interest and concentrate on giving us feelings of free from using particular program in restricted world of window.

So, please add an option for viewing notebook without the frame, or you already has such an option?

+1

I realize I've really stopped using Evernote much after you switched the interface about a year ago. The organization of notebooks as horizontal animated blocks is terrible. It's slow to visually scan and the animation is annoying. Please go back to, or offer an option to see notebooks as side folders like in the older version of Evernote and make this view available on all versions of your product. 

I dislike the new interface as well. The old one was much easier to navigate and understand. I especially dislike the white type on dark ground and the Notebooks view. The icons make it look like a bunch of kindergartners wrapped my life in craft paper. The point of an icon is to differentiate, not to make everything look similar. I have to think too much to find things. The old interface did most of the work for me.

Archived