(Archived) Sort by Title drops out after restart

casualphoenix

Hey everyone,

I'm having an interesting issue with my Windows version of Evernote. On the web version, every time I go to the site, it has my notes sorted by Title (which I like). However, after I restart my computer, the Windows version switches to sorting by Created Date, and I have to manually change it to sort by Title every time. I checked in the settings and I can't figure out how to make that stick.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Welcome to the forums.

Set ENW to e.g. Sort by Title.

File -> Exit to save settings.

That will now be your default sort order when you restart ENW.

Set ENW where? And what exactly is ENW? Can you please be a bit more precise and provide more detail?

What I am trying to do is change the sort order of notes on the web version of Evernotes. Are you saying that if I change the sort order in Evernote for Windows and exit, that same sort order will apply to the web version? That doesn't seem to be happening, and I don't see any menu on the web version that allows me to set sort order.

• Level 5*

What I am trying to do is change the sort order of notes on the web version of Evernotes. Are you saying that if I change the sort order in Evernote for Windows and exit, that same sort order will apply to the web version? That doesn't seem to be happening, and I don't see any menu on the web version that allows me to set sort order.

No, nobody's saying that; this topic is related to the native Windows Evernote client, to provide that sort order is retained on the Windows version between program invocations; some installations appear to need this step, while others -- mine for example -- doesn't. The setting just persists.

For the web client, the sorting options are at the bottom of the note list (either List or Snippet). Look for a button labeled "View Options".

Archived