(Archived) Evernote on the Archos 80 G9?

knarchos

According to the instructions in Evernote on the Archos, I can rename notebooks and create new notebooks. However, I can't find the options or buttons to do either of these things? Are those instructions just put there in general and the Archos isn't capable yet of creating notebooks? Or are there options and butons somewhere and I just haven't found them?

Hi knarchos, welcome to the forum :)

I use Evernote on an archos 80 g9 and you can indeed create notebooks and edit their names.

Creating notebooks:

- When you open the app, press on "Notebooks"

- You should see a list of your notebooks, and at the top, there should be a button that allows you to create a notebook.

Editing Notebook Names:

- When viewing notebooks, you should see a note count along with the name of the notebook

- Pressing on this notebook allows you to access some other options, one of which is "Rename Notebook"

Screenshots: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s26//sh/13d10c48-88c9-431d-bf2e-48dccdfa566a/8d0d324b401238147147450db42d2993

Scott

Hi, Scott! Thank you for welcoming me to the forum and thank you for your answers.

I did see the list of my notebooks but still could not find a button that allows me to create a notebook. Also, when I press on the notebook, it doesn't give me options such as "Rename Notebook." I checked the screenshot and it looks very different from my screen.

There is a button to create a new note but I cannot find the button similar to the one in your screenshot to create a new notebook.Evernote%2020120726%2016%3A24%3A30.jpg

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately, I can't see your image. It appears that you have tried to hotlink an image from an Evernote note. This is something that is troublesome at best, and I don't think that it works well.

I don't think EN actually supports hotlinking images in forums like that.

Perhaps you could share the note and post the link, similar to how I have done, so that I can see the link.

You say that you don't see what I see in Evernote, so I am wondering what version you are using?

Open Evernote - Settings - Support - Current Evernote Version

The current public version is 4.1.

Scott

Yes, that is an older version.

Evernote 4.x brought a lot of additions (along with a UI change) and I think that adding/editing notebooks is something that was added in that.

Was there a reason for staying with the older version?

Out of interest, what version of android are you using?

Something that may make screenshots a little easier for you :)

In android 4 and up, you can take screenshots by pressing the Power and Volume down button at the same time (android feature)

In versions before this, on the archos there was also a screenshot feature.

In (I think) a branch of the "Developer Options" in the settings there was an option to take a screenshot with the power button.

There was no notification, but the screenshot could be found via the gallery app. I would make a note of turning it off after though to avoid confusion. :)

Scott

Alright then, that would make sense! I received the Archos as a gift from a friend a couple months ago and finally turned it on a couple days ago. The old version of Evernote I found is the version that is already installed on the Archos.

It says that I have Firmware version 3.2.79 (Android 3.2.1)

Thank you for the recommendation of how to take better screenshots. I had taken a picture of the screen with my iPhone haha.

Hmm. What exactly do you mean by this:

"There was no notification, but the screenshot could be found via the gallery app. I would make a note of turning it off after though to avoid confusion. :)"

I'm sorry I keep bothering you with many questions, Scott. :(

Ok, so you should be able to find the setting somewhere in Developer options? (can't remember the original, it is different on mine now) Did you try it?

Hmm. What exactly do you mean by this:

"There was no notification, but the screenshot could be found via the gallery app. I would make a note of turning it off after though to avoid confusion. :)"

So with the screenshot option, pressing the power button would take a screenshot instead of locking it.

But nothing would happen to let you know that it did it, it just saved the image.

I often found myself pressing the button, wondering why it wasn't locking, only to find 20 screenshots had been taken instead. :P

I'm sorry I keep bothering you with many questions, Scott. :(

No problem. keep them coming :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I did try to find the setting in the Developer options.

Hmmm, I see, I see. Haha! That is quite funny. I remember that whenever I take screenshots now.

So far, you have answered all of my questions. Thank you, Scott!

Archived