Font, Text Colour, Strikethrough & Alignment

Am I missing something, or is there no way to format text as Strikethrough, nor change the font, text colour or alignment through the Android app?

Most of the other formatting options seem to be available (beyond tables which I could see being difficult).

• 1 year later...

This is the same problem I have. Why don't they have font colour andother formatting system on Android app? It's crazy without it. From Windows if we colour or highlight important points and if we try to add any comment to that note, the whole note turns into non coloured, non highlighted page and it effects the windows as well when it synchronizes. I lost all my valuable info which was highlighted and coloured. I had to do it again and had to make sure, I wont use the mobile app to add any even at an emergency.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to bring this to the forefront again, as it's been over a year and this functionality still hasn't been added.

I really don't see why the Android app can't have all of the functionality of the web and desktop apps. As it stands, this makes compatibility between platforms an issue if you intend to edit a note on both the web/desktop as well as Android.

The problem is worse than Saltorio suggests. Yes, there are options to add many formatting flavours via Android, but according to my experience and to miscellaneous posts to this forum, it seems that the formatting tends to be or is at risk of being, erased if the note is edited in Windows. The position is unclear. Evernote do not seem to have a handle on this issue.

And the problem with table formatting is also worse. If you create a table in a note in Windows, you cannot then easily/normally edit any normal unformatted text which is written into the note above or below the table.

• 1 month later...

My experience is that if I format my text in the Windows desktop app, if I then open the note to editing on Android all the formatting that isn't available on Android (font, font size, font colours) will be lost. This is a major annoyance as I like my notes to be clean and readable, and that tends to be difficult when all the text is the same font, size, and colour and only bold, italic, or underlined.

• 2 months later...

Any idea when this issue will be addressed? It's really quite annoying to format a document on the PC or web with font sizes and colours, and then open it for editing on my Android tablet (Galaxy Note 10.1) and have all of that format stripped away so only the bold, italics, and strikethrough remains.

• 1 year later...

It's been nearly 2 years, and yet this issue still hasn't been addressed?

Still looking for comments on a timeline from the Evernote team.

I've started using other programs for notes where I know I'll be editing on both desktop and Android and formatting matters

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, so I'm not confused.  I just upgraded to Evernote plus. I'd been using strikethrough on Evernote on my PC and went to do something on my tablet and there is no strikethrough command.  And there doesn't appear to be a shortcut key or anyway to add that.

Dear Evernote, it makes it difficult for us to use Evernote effectively if some options are only available on PCs and not on the tablets. 

I had the same problem when I wanted to continue using strikethrough on the phone after using it on my PC. I thought maybe Evernote plus had the feature and that was the reason it wasn't available for me, but apparently it is not the case...

• 7 months later...

I don't understand how after 4 years, this is still a feature missing from the app? It's so basic, I can do more formatting in this forum post than I can in the Evernote Android app.

I've switched to using Microsoft OneNote for note taking on-the-go, because I can do the same text formatting on my Android as I can on the PC, and without all the formatting getting messed up on the PC when I do (unlike Evernote).

screenshot.1.jpg

Premium user since 2010. Try to use evernote not only on my mac or office pc but extensively on my galaxy note 10.1, so long time waiting for this.

I have a lot of info already in evernote, so i try to be patient and wait to avoid migrating to other alternatives as OneNote but after 4 years without a response is really annoying. This is a mayor issue for tablet users and should not be regarded as a minor aesthetic question but as a real need. 

• 6 months later...

Archived