Feature request - iPhone lateral swipe

Robert C.

Idea

When viewing evernotes on the iPhone, I always go to lateral swipe to the next note. But that, of course, doesn't work because you need to use the buttons in the corner to go back and forth between notes.

The lateral swipe seem so much more natural. I've used flash card apps that utilize it to great effect. Would love to see it in Evernote.

6 replies to this idea

I too think it would be a great feature to be able to swipe to see the next note on iOS. If you're viewing all notes with a certain tag, swiping would take you to the next note with that tag as determined by your sort order selection. If you're viewing notes in a notebook, swiping would take you to the next note in that notebook as determined by your sort order selection for that notebook.

I emphatically agree. This one feature would add tremendously to the functionality of evernote on iphones. I actually know somebody who chose not to use evernote just because this feature was lacking. The lack of this feature is what prevents me from migrating my portfolio onto evernote. I can't show serial project images to anyone if they cannot seemlessly move from one to the next. Please please make the magic happen for us!

With the new iOS Apple is using swipes ingeniously, I hope Evernote team implement that too on the app, currently (specially on the iPad) I find myself swiping from out of the left edge inside to try to go back (but yields nothing), in mail or settings apps that gesture takes you one menu back (up).
Hope PRog is hearing us here :)

Lateral swipe to go to the next or previous note. Would be awesome on the iPhone and iPads.

I made this suggestion two years ago and haven't seen it implemented.  It would be SO easy to implement a lateral swipe between notes! 

It would make Evernote so much more useful when you just want to review all the notes you have in a folder.  Swipe, swipe, swipe.... easy!

Archived