(Archived) Clip to Evernote extension edit problem

lou52

Hi,

I'm using the Clip To Evernote extension for Chrome on Windows Vista and I am seriously thinking about going to the paid version, but I'm having a problem when I try to edit and then save a clipped article or page. I go to edit and make the changes I want, but when I click the "done" button, Evernote freezes and I have to close the window manually. I then get an "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this window, etc., error message, I click yes and the window closes. The edits are saved, but the process is a little annoying. I tried Evernote on Firefox and it works as it should, but I prefer Chrome and would like to get it working properly for it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lou

Some users are reporting a similar problem with the Evernote Web Client. Evernote support is already aware of the problem, but as yet no solution has been found.

Best workaround I can suggest is to install the Evernote for Windows client and do your edits there until the problem is fixed.

One thing I noticed today is that there can sometimes be a relatively long delay before "Saving changes..." is shown. Normally see it within a a second but just saw a case where I had to wait 5+ seconds before the alert showed. Not sure exactly how long, was a few seconds before I started keeping track of the lag time.

We've received a few similar reports but not yet located where the issues are.

If you experience issues with the Chrome Extension please add: Chrome browser version number, OS & verify that Chrome extension is version 5.1.15.1534

Additional help for us in troubleshooting would be to capture the logs (enable debugging on the options view) and submit a support ticket: http://www.evernote.com/about/contact/support/

Thanks.

Another thing to try is disabling ALL your Chrome extensions, restarting Chrome, and test to see if that has fixed your problem.

If so, start re-enabling your extensions and try to isolate the extension that is causing the conflict.

FYI: My installed extensions are:

Archived