NOTES DISSAPEAR

Andrey Zhuravlyov

Idea

Hi!

The second time the same problem - the note with which I worked for hours disappeared.

It happened after an Evernote's ad about updating my plan popped up!

Is this a new method that Evernote uses to attract or lost customers or what?

If I buy a Evernote premium, is there a guarantee that I will restore my note?

2 replies to this idea

Did you find out anything on recovering your notes? I had evernote opened on my laptop and I was reinstalling it on my phone because I performed a factory reset on the phone. It gave me the option to log in via my google account on the phone but it kept giving me an log in error so I hit forgot password. The most recent notes it shows now is from 2013. I lost  years worth of notes. If I can't find my notes soon I'm done with this app even though I love it. 

• Level 5
19 hours ago, Daedamus said:

Did you find out anything on recovering your notes? I had evernote opened on my laptop and I was reinstalling it on my phone because I performed a factory reset on the phone. It gave me the option to log in via my google account on the phone but it kept giving me an log in error so I hit forgot password. The most recent notes it shows now is from 2013. I lost  years worth of notes. If I can't find my notes soon I'm done with this app even though I love it. 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Are the notes gone both on your laptop and on your phone? What platforms are you using to access Evernote (Android, Windows, iOS, Web, etc.)? If you haven't tried checking them using the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web), take a look there, since it should show you the master version stored on Evernote's servers.

I don't use Google to log in, but it's hard to see how a login problem could cause loss of notes. If you've had more than one Evernote account under different login credentials, you may have accidentally logged into an old one. That can definitely happen.