Jmgr

Option to Disable "Saving note" Toast Notification

Idea

When we Evernote fans edit a note on Android and then go home or switch to a different app, we get a toast notification at the bottom of our screens telling us that Evernote is saving our note.

I find this annoying.

We live in an era where it's almost a given that our work is auto-saved. My being reminded of this fact so often feels archaic.

5 replies to this idea

So, can't you change that in the phone settings? Like in a notification area?

Correct. Android users can disable regular notifications in settings, but not toast notifications.

15 hours ago, Jmgr said:

When we Evernote fans edit a note on Android and then go home or switch to a different app, we get a toast notification at the bottom of our screens telling us that Evernote is saving our note.

I find this annoying.

We live in an era where it's almost a given that our work is auto-saved. My being reminded of this fact so often feels archaic.

For myself, I find it reassuring. Believe me, if it weren't happening plenty of people would be on here demanding its return so they'd be sure what was happening. But maybe an option to turn it off--a kind of "quiet mode"--might be welcome.

Ok that makes sense, I shouldn't have thought that mine was the only opinion. Still I would love a quiet mode as an option as you put it. 

• Like 2