Deleting unused tags in Evernote Web

Hi

I use Evernote Web in Chrome on both Mac (High Sierra) and Windows 10 laptops. I also use Evernote on my iPhone.

On my iPhone, unused tags do not appear. But in Evernote Web, unused tags do appear, and I can't find a way of deleting them. Is there a way I can get rid of them? They are cluttering up my list of tags. I use Evernote Web more than the iPhone app, because typing and editing is easier and I spend a lot of time sitting at my laptops, so I'd really love to get this fixed.

Cheers

Clare. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not a Mac or iOS user,  but in Windows I do know there's a 'hidden' Help menu in the desktop version which includes a couple of options to delete unused tags.  The menu includes some commands that can seriously ruin your day if used incorrectly,  so proceed with caution (and with database backups) but try Cmd-clicking Help for a possible solution.

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not a Mac or iOS user,  but in Windows I do know there's a 'hidden' Help menu in the desktop version which includes a couple of options to delete unused tags.  The menu includes some commands that can seriously ruin your day if used incorrectly,  so proceed with caution (and with database backups) but try Cmd-clicking Help for a possible solution.

I also cannot delete unused tags in Windows desktop version or Android version or web version. How do I enable the hidden menu? I tried CTRL-clicking, SHIFT-clicking and ALT-clicking Help menu in Windows without any result. I tried right clicking the tag's name on the left panel - no result.

My windows desktop evernote version is:

v 10.3.7 build 2018 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.22.6

Update: I found a workaround: I installed a legacy version. I was able to delete and rename tags in it and I was able to use both, legacy and the latest versions at the same time. 

Edited by Andr.A
found a workaround
  • Like 1