eheyrman

Clipping full article gives me a note that only shows a cookie consent page

When I try to clip a full article to Evernote (I am using the Evernote app on android and sharing to Evernote from Chrome browser) it takes a while before clipping is complete but then all the note shows is some terms about cookie usage and a consent request.

One site that always gives this problem is http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20181030_03894260 (any article from De Standaard Mobile gives this issue, it is in dutch though). I have tried the "clip again" function trying each option it provides but to no avail. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance! 

Hi.  That seems to be an odd web page.  Clipping on a desktop is.. interesting.. too.  You may have to find an alternative way to copy the content - at least your Android failed clip will have saved the URL so you can go back to the page on a desktop and maybe screenshot or copy/ paste the content you need?

I'd guess that when the Android clip is attempted it triggers a new consent form,  hence the wrong clip.

It is the mobile version of a website so it might behave strange on desktop. When I'm on desktop I can use the standard version of the website and then clipping works fine. So yes, I can always wait untill I'm on my laptop to clip the page but I would prefer to also have this functionallity on my mobile device.

Doing further research I found out that on the Samsung browser clipping the full article on this website works as intended. I noticed that I got a cookie consent page first in this browser when going to this site, before I shared to Evernote. So at least I have a workaround.

• Like 1