Searching on iOS blacks out the page

I have been using Evernote for years and this issue seems to have persisted throughout.  I'm confused why when I save a web page to Evernote it seems to redownload the content or the images every time I want to view it as though it's not actually saved a local copy of the content.  If I wanted that experience I would have just saved a bookmark.  That aside though, the main issue is that it seems to be when I edit a clipped page, then search for words on it, when I select the note from the search results on either my iPhone or iPad, the main text of the note is all blacked out and I just see orange boxes where th researched words appear on that page.  Which make the page unreadable and I have to go to the browser to find the original page (which is obviously minus my edits).  I use Evernote a lot for saving recipes and this is very frustrating. Here is an example of what the searched page looks like on my iPad and the original link to the page I clipped.

By the way, to check if this was a platform specific issue, I've just searched for 'avo' in Evernote web using Safari on my Mac and the page displayed without any blackout.

http://ohmygoodness.com.au/choc-avo-mousse/

IMG_0347.jpg

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, TalcumBoy said:

it seems to redownload the content or the images every time I want to view it as though it's not actually saved a local copy of the content

Evernote does not store note content locally on mobile devices; unless you're using the offline notebook feature
The note content is stored on the Evernote servers and retrieved via the internet

Archived