iOS task list like every other Evernote client

adkisson

Idea

The iPad version of Evernote is sorely missing my favorite feature that is in every other Evernote client. A dedicated to-do list view of reminders, with checkboxes and drag/drop sorting. To be fair Evernote iOS does have this view under the reminder clock popup after you click edit, but it vanishes from the screen if you tap on anything. You must tap the reminder clock and then tap edit each time to use it. This is the view I use most often: checkboxes with sorting capability. All 4 of the other Evernote clients (Windows, Mac, Android, and Web) have this view as a dedicated feature. I primarily use Evernote as a to-do list and hop back and forth between operating systems (Mac and iPad at home, Windows at work, and an Android phone). Having to tap two buttons every time I want to check off the next item in my to-do list is a pain.

Can this be a feature request, to bring iOS Evernote up to the same level as the rest of the Evernote suite? All the others work beautifully.

2 replies to this idea

I know it’s not Apples to Apples, but this doesn’t fit the bill when it comes to mobile?

It doesn’t 100% mimic the larger formats, but I don’t think mobile ever does.  (In some ways unfortunately - like trying to post here via mobile, lol! )876736AE-7AA0-4512-BD10-2F83950A4D07.thumb.jpeg.566e73011dae8218a1b550b1d51456f9.jpeg

Android on my phone does have a nearly identical reminders view with checkboxes and drag/drop sorting that's on the desktops. The reminders sorting mechanism is a bit different too. All the non-iOS apps have a common sorting order that the user can re-order how they want. The sort order is preserved when you switch between Mac / Windows and Android or the web app, which means your Todo list stays in the same order you chose when you switch back and forth.  The attached picture is from Android. The reminders view also shows due dates if set.

SmartSelectImage_2018-08-18-22-39-46.png

Archived