Can deleted Evernote files be recovered on an iPod Touch?

• Level 5*

Assuming it was syncing properly, all of your data is save in the Evernote cloud, except maybe the last few minutes of what you were working on. Go to www.evernote.com and log in and you should see everything.

Simply reinstall Evernote on your device, log in, and it will all show back up.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Bil Fulton said:

Right.  I forgot to mention that unfortunately the synchronization between my iPod and my MacBook broke down about a year ago, so the backup was gone.  

Evernote doesn't sync between devices. It is always device to cloud. So syncing between ipod and macbook is really ipod<->Evernote<->macbook.

So it sounds like you are saying you never logged your iPod into the Evernote service? I didn't even think that was possible on an iOS device.

And you logged into www.evernote.com on the web and nothing is there?

If taht is the case, call tech support, but I suspect your data on the iPod is gone forever. The file system is encrypted and not accessible by the user.

Right.  I forgot to mention that unfortunately the synchronization between my iPod and my MacBook broke down about a year ago, so the backup was gone.  

24 minutes ago, EdH said:

Evernote doesn't sync between devices. It is always device to cloud. So syncing between ipod and macbook is really ipod<->Evernote<->macbook.

So it sounds like you are saying you never logged your iPod into the Evernote service? I didn't even think that was possible on an iOS device.

And you logged into www.evernote.com on the web and nothing is there?

If taht is the case, call tech support, but I suspect your data on the iPod is gone forever. The file system is encrypted and not accessible by the user.

For most of the 8 years I've used the iPod Touch, Evernote always synchronized (I thought with my MacBook Pro, but apparently through the cloud) automatically through iTunes when I plugged the iPod into my MacBook to load the battery.  Then sometime in the last year or so it stopped synchronizing, perhaps because I didn't update the iPod 2.1 software (4.2.1), but I didn't mind that because every time it synchronized in the last few years I could no longer edit the synchronized files on the iPod.  Now of course I've lost all my Evernote iPod files from the last year or so.  Unless of course the data can be recovered from wherever its kept in the deep reaches of the iPod.  

Does anyone have experience with such data recovery programs?  I tried 5 or 6 of the more common ones available online, but only one could even locate the Evernote app on the iPod, and though identified the main file and 7 others it displayed the main one with the icon pdf files use to indicate an empty file, and the other 6 files were identified as text files, but without any content.

Archived