Update in IOS Search functions

Rommel

Idea

It's disappointing to realize how Evernote in IOS is inferior to Mac's. While in Mac I can find everything with command + J, this is not possible with IOS. The most important thing is that in Mac, when I type the words regarding the title of a note, Evernote finds it no matter the order that the words are written. In IOS, you have to type exactly the words of the title, in the correct order, in order to Evernote to find it. This is not good. Please, would u update IOS app to correct this issue?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-30 at 6:58 AM, Rommel said:

realize how Evernote in IOS is inferior to Mac's

We're seeing improvements but some of this is device/os limitations.  I don't think we'll ever see a full duplication of features

I don't use the command-j feature; I never liked the randomness of the list
I prefer the Shortcuts section

Can you provide specific examples of the search issue?

On 10/31/2017 at 1:57 PM, DTLow said:

We're seeing improvements but some of this is device/os limitations.  I don't think we'll ever see a full duplication of features

I don't use the command-j feature; I never liked the randomness of the list
I prefer the Shortcuts section

Can you provide specific examples of the search issue?

That don't make sense. Todoist and other apps uses IOS as well. However, they do search in the way I'm telling Evernote don't. It's a very mediocre thought to put the blame on the "device's limitations"...

Yes. I can provide example. I have a note called "Memento mori". Well, in Mac, if I use "command + J" and type "mori memento", that note will come up instantly. If I do the same thing in the IOS, it won't. This may sound like bullshit, but it makes all the difference in finding notes, because sometimes you want to find an old note and you don't remember its exact title - the problem is that IOS Evernote only comes up with the note it you type it's exact name, which sometimes is impossible.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Rommel said:

type "mori memento", that note will come up instantly. If I do the same thing in the IOS, it won't.

I would expect a search like that to work on all platforms.  No quotes though, because it's not an exact phrase search

I also use the intitle: argument to limit the search to title only;     intitle:mori intitle:memento

Archived