Options for clipping in iOS, especially iPad

Charyut

Idea

I use a large format iPad for much of my reading on the internet. The web clipper as it stands clips the entire page, not well, and makes it difficult, if not impossible, to get back to the webpages from the page in Evernote, as no bookmark/web address is accessible. The formatting is unacceptable/nonexistent. As a result, I have stopped clipping from my iPad. 

What we need is a clipper like we use on the desktop, which gives us the option of saving an article (with good formatting) or a bookmark, allowing us to return to the page. The bookmark is especially useful for reading lists, shopping pages, etc. If the mobile platform is the way of the future, then the features we have on the desktop need to be available on the mobile device.

1 reply to this idea

Yes, I absolutely agree! I ran across this post looking for a “desktop-like” iOS browser clipper.  We need the same clipping efficiency on iOS that we have on the desktop. I suspect the limitation is within iOS (Apple). Evernote should write their own browser (or buy one like Dolphin and optimize it for Evernote).

Archived