Added shortcut goes to the top of Shortcut List (iOS)

stuball

Idea

I would appreciate it if when adding a note to the Shortcut List, particularly in iOS, that shortcut is added to the top of the list rather than the bottom.  This would be particularly useful for “note a day journaling” as it would arrange shortcuts in order, the most current (today’s) at the top (and visible in a longer list) without having to edit the list and drag it to the top. 

A related but less essential request would be to allow the re-arrangement of shortcuts in the list without having to first put the list into an edit mode.  

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, stuball said:

This would be particularly useful for “note a day journaling” as it would arrange shortcuts in order

No comment on the request; I’d imagine the user preference would be split between top, bottom and don’t care

My comment is on the “note a day journaling” and using shortcuts for your notes.

I can’t see adding a shortcut for every note

I can see a single shortcut to your notes; identified by tag, notebook or search.  
This displays a list of your notes, which could be in date sequence

Thanks for your comment.  To me the Shortcut actually provides a shortcut to my current day’s note which I access throughout the day.  

Yes I can access a list of all my journal notes to locate the current note but have yet to find a way to sort that list in reverse text order so that the current day note is always at the top of that list, the date being part of the notes title.  

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, stuball said:

Yes I can access a list of all my journal notes to locate the current note but have yet to find a way to sort that list in reverse text order

What’s your default sort order.  I use modification date; which means current date is at the top of the list

I have found any sort order other than modification date is less than rewarding.  And this works well to find my current day note as long as no other journal day notes have been modified, and since I use prior day noted to add relevant updates, that is often not the case. In any event, accessing with a shortcut is one step, opening a list, finding the note and opening the note, more.

That the modified date sort order places current and new notes at the top, I know where to look to find them...this is my point in having shortcuts conform to that convention.  So maybe my feature request is to have shortcuts added to the list based on the selected note sorting selection.   

Archived