Business Card Scanning using iOS Device

Is the Business Card Scanning no longer supported for iOS devices? 

I see Evernote Knowledge base showing: "Tap the 'Photos' icon from the quick note panel on the home screen (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch)". This is how it used be. Now, I don't see a Photos icon anymore. Only option is "+" to add a note and there there is a choice to take a photo, which will save the Business Card as a document (or I can press down and hold the '+' to get access the camera)

Can someone advise on how to scan the Cards from an iOS device and directly save to my Contacts. Thanks in Advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for you recommendation. Now the App works better i.e. I have those options under setting ("Save to Contacts"). The camera also recognizes this to be a business card and puts appropriate information in the right fields.

BUT still it doesn't automatically add the card to the AddressBook. I still have to go to my desktop App and use the menu item Note -> More Sharing ->  Copy to Contacts.

Please advise if I can do anything else to make the iOS App directly save to the Contacts (and thus synced to my desktop)

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK it's not possible for Evernote to do this directly.  There are a couple of possible answers,  but I'm not sure you're going to like them...  and it depends on the frequency and number of contacts you want to copy across. 

No 1 is Windows-only app - If you can get time on a Windows machine it may be an option.

No 2 is a homebrew solution suggested by another user...

Please let us know if you adopt one of these or find another option...

• 2 weeks later...

No luck.

I'll just use my method i.e. after capturing the card on my phone. I'll go to my desktop App: Share->More Sharing -> Save to Contacts.

If you ever see the "Save to Contacts" work directly from the iPhone please let me know. (What is disappointing is that it used work just fine!)

Thanks for your help.

Archived