Can't save shared note

RandyR

I get an error when trying to save a shared note.  A colleague sent me a URL to a note. I can see the note in my browser (Chrome).  When I click on the "Save to Evernote" button, it asks me which notebook I want to save it to and after selecting one and clicking Save, I get an error message:

Unable to process your request
???SharedNote.saveNote.unknown???

I have tried this with several different notes and am getting the same error every time.

I've searched the internet for the above error message and found nothing relevant.

This problem just started today.  I've been able to save shared notes in the past without problem or error messages.

I just tried saving the note using the Edge browser and Internet Explorer and got the same error message.

I also tried saving it on my phone (which apparently doesn't allow saving from the Android App, but I could try to save it using the Android Chrome browser and the Android Internet browser and both of those resulted in the same error message as above.

So, I thought it might have something to do with my account.  So, I created a new account and tried saving it there which again resulted in the same error message.

Hmmm, I thought maybe it has something to do with the message itself.  Maybe it was too big.  So, I created a very small text message in my regular account and shared the link.  I then opened that shared link in Chrome and tried to save it to my newly created (empty) account.  And, I still got the same error message:

By the way, I can view the shared note(s) in the browser (Chrome, Edge, IE) just fine.  I just can't seem to save them to Evernote.

Ok, I just had some other colleagues try to save a shared note and they are both getting the same error message.  So, I guess this is an error with evernote.

I can't believe Evernote hasn't discovered/corrected it yet.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you actually reported it to Evernote yet?  This is a mostly user-supported forum - now on a weekend.  Evernote may not be aware that this situation has occurred,  though I have a couple of shared accounts and can't seem to reproduce your issue. I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

• Level 5*

Doh.  Using Evernote Desktop I can save shared notes to my account and my notes to the shared notebook.  Retrying with a URL from another account however,  I can confirm that this is happening - hitting the Save button generates

...exactly as you found.  Apologies for the false start there.  Now all you have to do is attract the right attention - Support are the only people able to access the web details.  You might have to wait a little while for a response,  but per the lead paragraph above " @evernotehelps is helmed by a crack team out of Austin... "

They might be just a tad busy with recent releases,  but you should get a response within a day or two.  Nudge us again in this thread if you don't hear anything by later next week.

Meantime - as you're looking at the note in a browser.. can you use Clipper to grab the content for your note?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, RandyR said:

Is it possible to view a note shared by URL from another account in the desktop app and then save it to my account?

No,  sorry - The ideal way to share would be for the sharer to set up a notebook and share it with you via Evernote's Work Chat,  allowing you permission to Edit the content.

If you join that notebook,  any notes in it,  or any added to it will automatically sync to your account.  You can then easily drag and drop notes between both accounts,  and create new notes in the shared account.

Sharing a note by URL,  you're seeing a web page.  It can be copied in the same way that web pages can,  by way of the Clipper.  But Evernote can't show web pages other than by copying or clipping.

See also:  Share notes and Share notebooks

I am having the same problem as all of you. I have reported it twice and it's supposedly been elevated to the technical team. No response since then - it's been 48 hours. I suppose it's a nasty bug? Unfortunately, we have some clients that rely on being able to get this information from us.

1 minute ago, evergreen123 said:

Actually tweeting to them is totally useless. No one ever responds back from their "help" tweeter account.

I'm not trying to be flippant with this comment, but I'm not really surprised that they aren't responding. I'm sure they're overwhelmed right now with all the new iOS release problems.

Finally got a response from their Twitter account: 

Thanks for reaching out, and thank you for being patient with my response time. We're currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of messages, and I'm doing my best to answer everyone as quickly and as thoroughly as possible! I’ve reached out to our technical team and have verified that they aware of this issue. Although I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it! If you'd like, I'd be happy to reach back out when this issue is resolved. Otherwise, please make sure you keep your Evernote always up to date, as we release several stability fixes with every new version. Please let me know of any questions you may have, or if there's anything else I can do to help!

Archived