Encrypted notes are not editable in Firefox (Chrome works)

jpwiega

Idea

In Firefox (latest version) on both Mac and Windows computers, encrypted text in notes (when opened/un-encrypted), is uneditable (not even selecteable).  It is all highlighted light green if you try to select anything in it (e.g., for copy and paste) or when you try to edit it.  It almost seems to be treated like an image in that if you click and hold on any part of the encrypted text, all of it is selected and able to be drug around.  Please seek a solution.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I can verify this - plus an attempt to alter one of my encrypted notes immediately blanked the whole encrypted section!  Fortunately Ctrl-Z works fine!!!

I'd strongly recommend editing encrypted sections only on the desktop client for the time being...!!

On 13 Disember 2016 at 10:53 AM, jpwiega said:

In Firefox (latest version) on both Mac and Windows computers, encrypted text in notes (when opened/un-encrypted), is uneditable (not even selecteable).  It is all highlighted light green if you try to select anything in it (e.g., for copy and paste) or when you try to edit it.  It almost seems to be treated like an image in that if you click and hold on any part of the encrypted text, all of it is selected and able to be drug around.  Please seek a solution.

On 12/15/2016 at 0:16 PM, gazumped said:

I can verify this - plus an attempt to alter one of my encrypted notes immediately blanked the whole encrypted section!  Fortunately Ctrl-Z works fine!!!

I'd strongly recommend editing encrypted sections only on the desktop client for the time being...!!

I hear you on the editing.  Unfortunately, I also use the desktop client regardless so it'd be good to see compatibility with Firefox here.

Archived