Evernote Clipper in Safari for iPad (iOS 10)

Everbaffled

Idea

Why is the Evernote clipper in Safari not only indiscriminate by default, but uncontrollable of what is clipped in a given web page? 

The Clipper for Windows 10 ( installable in e.g. Opera) defaults to clipping the central article - e.g. of a newspaper page - i.e. discarding the newspaper banner and surrounding  links to other articles and stories on that page.  

However, the iPad iOS 10 clipper in Safari grabs seemingly everything on the page, including e.g. a newsparer banner - without (apparently) allowing any control to isolate and clip merely the main 'story' on the page.

I don't understand why, or accept that, the iPad clipper should be so indiscriminate by default.  At the very least some control should be allowed to prevent this. 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Agreed that it would be good to have the same clipping choices on mobile devices that we have in desktop browsers,  but I'd imagine there are quite a few technical issues involved in getting the same choice working on variable sized displays.  If I don't want the full web page (in my Android browser) I can still opt for just a bookmark.  I'll revisit the page from a desktop to grab an individual section later if necessary.

Archived