(Archived) Goodbye, Evernote

I am quitting using Evernote today. Why? Repeatedly, my notes open up blank on the Pre. The tool is useless when it does that. It stays thus for days or weeks at a time. I've gotten little response on this forum.

Sure, it's free software, but isn't the "free" there to entice me to the "paid"? Not likely with this performance.

Sure, there are workarounds, but I got Evernote so I could avoid workarounds.

Nice tool, useful concept - but it has to work!

• 4 months later...

After finding data that I entered on the Palm Pre twice last week not being on a synced workstation, I have had to put any EN entries on the Palm Pre on hold, and instead use Memo and then email it. If this bug is not going to be addressed prior to seeing if WebOS continues under HP, I can no longer recommend it to anyone.

I've bailed, too.

Noted! hit the Palm app catalog recently. It syncs with simplenote.com, which just got a major update today.

I moved all my notes over to simplenote, and synched with Noted! Boom.

Noted! provides several very important features that Evernote doesn't.

- offline storage

- sort by title

- list view (no thumbnails, which I hated)

- and support for tags is coming as soon as the simplenote api is updated (got word from the developer)

I understand all the arguments Evernote has for not updating the WebOS version, so I won't waste any time trying to convince them otherwise.

They gotta do what they gotta do. Well so do I.

My final parting words: YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE!

Noted! hit the Palm app catalog recently. It syncs with simplenote.com, which just got a major update today.

I moved all my notes over to simplenote, and synched with Noted! Boom.

Noted! provides several very important features that Evernote doesn't.

- offline storage

- sort by title

- list view (no thumbnails, which I hated)

- and support for tags is coming as soon as the simplenote api is updated (got word from the developer)

I copied all my notes over to Google Docs today and am trying "Notes". Right now it appears you have to import a note if you've made updates directly from Google Docs, but closing the app on the Pre will auto-write the data. I'm hoping an update will feature auto-sync. I asked a question via email today and received a reply back very quickly (before I purchased the app).

One reason I tried this over Noted!, is Noted! is plain text, which for most of the stuff is fine. But I like being able to take a photo, video, etc and attach it to a Google Doc. Notes isn't updated yet for the newest version of Google Docs, so you have to use the older version, but that isn't an issue at this point.

Archived